Q – I was using Thunderbird email client but now I am facing issues with it so decided to move to Outlook 2016. But can’t leave my old emails back so want to save a copy of these emails in Outlook 2016. I don’t know the solution to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook client. Can anyone help me to accomplish the task?

Skye Evel

I understood your question. You want to export all your Thunderbird emails to Outlook 2016. As Thunderbird support MBOX format and Outlook support PST file format and both these formats are different so you have to convert your MBOX files into Outlook PST format.

Braeden

There are several methods available both free and paid for conversion of MBOX files into Outlook PST. You can search in Google for it. You will get multiple solutions.

Remington Elsie

You can simply convert MBOX files into EML format and then export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST. This will help you to access MBOX files in Outlook application.

Prince Paol

One solution is extracting MBOX file from Thunderbird email client. Drag and drop MBOX file, it is saved in .eml format and later on import .eml file into MS Outlook 2016.

Angie June

You can convert Thunderbird to Outlook through IMAP. This will be helpful for you to access your old emails of Thunderbird in Outlook 2016.

Malcolm

I have found the above-discussed method beneficial. Can you please explain the conversion of Thunderbird emails to Outlook through IMAP? How this conversion can be done?

Giovani

You need to configure your Gmail account to Thunderbird using IMAP and move all the data of Thunderbird MBOX into Gmail application. Later on, configure the same Gmail profile into Outlook email client.

Gunnar

Is there any third-party tool available that can be applied to export MBOX files to Outlook client?

Armani

Yes, various third-party MBOX to PST Converter applications are available on the internet that will simply export all your Thunderbird emails, contacts, notes etc. to PST file with few simple clicks. Here is the link for you –
https://www.softaken.com/mbox-to-pst-converter