Q – I recently configured my Gmail account to Outlook 2016 but unable to get some of my emails to Outlook. I don’t know what is the issue behind this. Can anyone please help me to come out from the situation?
The first thing you can do is to click on the Send/Receive button in Outlook. I hope this will resolve the issue.
I tried Send/Receive option but still, my emails are stuck in outbox folder. Is there any other way available to resolve the issue?
There could be several reasons behind this issue and you need to check these things –
- Bad Passwords
- Network Connection Errors
- ISP blocks and email ports
- SMTP Authentication settings
- SSL Connection Settings
Thank you so much for suggesting the reasons. Can you please explain how to turn on authentication in Outlook?
Yes sure. Here are the steps to turn on authentication on Outlook –
- Go to Tools menu
- Click on email accounts
- Click View or change existing email accounts
- Highlight the email account
- Click More settings
- Click Outgoing Server tab
- Check My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Use same settings in Incoming Mail Server
- Click ok
- Click Next and finally Click Finish
Thank you so much for the suggestion. It worked perfectly for me. I am able to get my Gmail emails in Outlook.