Q – Earlier I was using Windows XP. Now I have upgraded with Windows 10. When I thought to move my DBX files, I remember that Windows 10 doesn’t support Outlook Express. Then, I purchase Outlook 2016. I don’t know how to move DBX files to Outlook 2016. Is there any solution that can safely migrate DBX database to Outlook 2016?

Samara

This is a common issue with Outlook Express users. As Outlook Express doesn’t support latest versions of Windows. If a user of Outlook Express upgrades its Windows, they have to convert DBX files into Outlook to access the database. You can simply export DBX file to Windows Live Mail and then export emails from WLM to MS Outlook.

Amani Roy

If you find the above method not suitable for you. You can simply import DBX file to Outlook by the given steps –

• Open MS Outlook 2016
  • Click on File tab > Open > Import
  • Click on Import – Internet Mail and addresses and hit on Next
  • Select Outlook Express and choose import mail checkbox
  • Click Next and then click on Finish and then save in Inbox option can be selected.
  • Save in Inbox saves the copy of import summary in the inbox to migrate DBX files to Outlook 2016.
Gwendolyn

I have faced the issue two months ago, I have gone through an article that helped me a lot. You can simply follow the given link and export DBX file to Outlook 2016. https://www.softknoll.com/why-there-is-a-need-to-move-from-outlook-express-to-pst/

Ryan Ace

I don’t know the exact solution of your problem but only one thing that wants to say is just Google for it. You will get various third-party solutions to migrate OE DBX file to MS Outlook.

Trace Bently

As you cannot access DBX files directly to Outlook 2016. The only solution you have with is using an automated solution i.e. Softaken DBX to PST Converter. The tool will really help you to export all your DBX emails, contacts etc. to Outlook 2016 without facing any losses. The application is the simplest way to move Outlook Express files to Outlook. You can take the free trial before investing in it.