Q – Hi, I have several G Suite accounts but now 2 of my accounts are not in use. I want to store a backup of these two accounts. Neither I want to lose the data contained in these two accounts nor I want to pay extra money for these accounts to Google. So, I finally decided to store a backup of these two accounts. Is there any safe and reliable way by which I can store the data before closing these two accounts?
I read your problem and simply I want to suggest a solution that is transferring the data from one G Suite account to another account. It can be easily saved in any folder and will remain safe with you.
I understood your query and after many searches, I conclude Google takeout services for you. This service will help you to backup your important data from your G Suite email. Here are the steps to use Google takeout services –
- Follow this URL http://www.google.com/takeout
- Click Next and check what you want to backup
- Choose the file format for downloading data. By default, it is zip file.
- Now, choose create archive
- After the archive is created, Google will automatically send an email containing a zip file in it.
If you want to save only contacts or calendars from your G Suite account. You can simply export the data first and later on import it into another account. For exporting contacts, go to https://contacts.google.com/ and go to export and then in More menu choose Export. Similarly, for calendars, click on https://calendar.google.com. From the list of calendars, choose calendar settings and then click on Export this calendar.
If none of the above methods you found not fruitful to you, you can go for third-party solutions. There are several third-party solutions available on the internet like G Suite Backup software that will surely help you to create a backup of important G Suite emails with few steps and by taking a little bit time of yours. You can use a trial version before purchasing the paid version.
Thanks a lot, finally I am satisfied with the working of G Suite Backup application as it flawlessly and rapidly creates a backup of my G Suite account. With this tool, I can view the backup into several formats.
I want to save my G Suite backup in PST format. Is there any tool available that can help me to export all my G Suite data in PST format?
Yes, you can simply use G Suite Backup Tool that allows you to save G Suite backup into several formats. You can simply view your G Suite emails to PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, and MBOX format. Later, on simply import your PST file into Outlook. Here are the steps to import PST file to Outlook email client. The steps can slightly vary with the versions of MS Outlook. Here I am providing you the steps to import PST file in MS Outlook 2016.
- Go to File menu
- Choose Open & Export
- Select Import & Export
- Import and Export wizard is opened, select ‘Import from another program or file’
- Click Next
- Choose Outlook Data file (.pst) and click Next
- Go to Browse option and select the PST file which you want to import
- Also, choose any option from the available ones to remove duplicates
- Click Next
- You may include subfolders also and then select import items from the current folder or the same folder
- PST file is successfully moved to your Outlook email client