Q – I am using Windows Live Mail and Office 365 both the applications. Now, I don’t want to continue with Windows Live Mail and also don’t want to lose my data stored in WLM. So, I decided to move WLM data into Office 365 account. But the main thing is I don’t know the steps how to migrate Windows Live Mail emails to Office 365. Is there anyone who can suggest me the solution?

Gian Ahaad

As per my knowledge, there is no direct method that can export Windows Live Mails data to Office 365. However, you can check on the internet for other solutions.

Charles Zachary

You can follow the given solution if you find it suitable. You can migrate your Windows Live Mail files into Microsoft Outlook and then export Outlook PST file to Office 365 account. I hope this method will surely work for you.

Madelyn Scarlett

I am a user that had the same issue. I migrate my Windows Live Mail EML file into MS Outlook. You can check the steps for the migration.

• First, Open MS Outlook and Windows Live Mail email clients
  • In Windows Live Mail, click on the File tab and choose an export option and then choose email messages under export.
  • Select Microsoft Exchange and after that hit the Next button
  • A new wizard opened showing Export messages. Click it and then click OK
  • Choose all the desired folders and then click OK
  • After the export process gets completed. You will get a message of completion and then click the Finish button.

I have moved my WLM emails to MS Outlook 2016. Can you please elaborate how to import PST to Office 365 account?

Naomi Cole

Here is the solution for you to move PST files to Office 365 profile. Check the given steps. I hope after using these steps, you can easily perform the task of moving PST files to Office 365.

• First, you need to close your PST file in Outlook
  • Choose File tab and then Open & Export
  • Choose Open Outlook data file
  • Find your .pst file, select it and Click open
  • Now in Office 365 folder list, right click on your email address and choose New folder
  • Name the folder and click Next
  • In the folder list, locate your .pst file and click the arrow to expand the list
  • Select a folder and drag it to new folder which you have created in Office 365 account
  • Repeat for every folder you want to move
  • Finally, right click on .pst folder and choose Close ‘foldername’
Diego Max

I have tried the above methods to move Windows Mail emails to Office 365 but I found the manual export a lengthy one. Then I tried EML to PST Converter third-party tool by Datavare. The tool simply converted my WLM emails to Outlook with some simple clicks. After that, I simply import PST to Office 365. You should also try this one.

Edward Grant

I have found some issues to follow the manual methods to import PST files to Office 365. Is there any third-party tool available that will simply convert PST files to Office 365?

Juliana Gage

Yes, I have tried Softaken PST to Office 365 Migration tool to move PST files to Office 365 cloud. The application simply converts whole data of Outlook PST in an effective manner and with fast speed. However, you may find many third-party solutions on Google which can accomplish the task for you in a short time.

Roman Cody

If any of the users find the manual method not effective for them. They can simply use automated solutions. Their need can be easily met. For WLM emails conversion to PST, use EML to PST Conversion tool and for PST to Office 365, PST to Office 365 migration tool is available.

Omar Javier

I want to migrate Windows Mail contacts to MS Outlook. Can anyone suggest the ways to perform the task in a safe way?

Andy Rafael

If you are user who deal with manual methods. You can check the given below steps. These steps will completely export your contact from WLM to MS Outlook without any loss occurrence.

• Start Windows Live Mail
  • Click contacts folder
  • Click Export and choose Comma Separated Values
  • A CSV dialog box opens, Click on Browse and select a folder
  • In the File name, type WLM contacts and click save
  • Click Next button and select the fields you want to export
  • Click Finish and wait for the process completion
  • Close WLM and start MS Outlook
  • Select contacts folder, Go to File Menu > Open & Export > Import & Export
  • Select Import from another program or file and click Next
  • Select CSV and click Next
  • Click Browse and select WLM contacts
  • Click open. Check the contacts folder and click Finish.