Q – I am using Windows Live Mail for a long time and saved all my data in EML file format. Now I have moved to MS Outlook so I want to view EML files in Outlook. Can anyone help me to perform this task as I am not aware of the process? Thank you in advance.
You can simply extract EML file from Windows Live Mail. Save them to desktop and later on drag and drop them to Microsoft Outlook. This will help you to open EML files in MS Outlook.
Hi, I tried the drag and drop method but unable to open EML files in Outlook. Can you please suggest me another effective method?
There is an alternate method that you can use to convert EML files to Outlook. Find the steps of the process –
- Open MS Outlook and open Windows Live Mail
- In WLM, go to File menu > Select Export > Email messages
- Select Microsoft Exchange
- Click ok
- Select email folders as per your requirement
- Click ok
- Click Finish
I tried the above discussed method but as I have a large database of EML files so it will take more time to export EML files to Outlook. Can you suggest me a quick method?
I have searched on the internet and I got this useful link. You can try this link, I hope it will work for you. https://datavare-eml-to-pst-converter-export.windows10compatible.com/
If you want a quick and reliable solution, you can go for the automated solution. For this, you should try Softaken EML to PST Converter third-party application. The software takes a very less time to complete the process and you will get several features with this tool that will perform the task without any technical skills.
Thank you for the suggestion. Can you do me one more favor? My friend was looking for export of contacts from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook. Can you please provide the solution for this?
To export Windows Live Mail contacts to Outlook, follow the below mentioned steps –
- Start Windows Live Mail
- Click Contacts folder
- Click Export and select Comma Separated Value (.csv)
- CSV Export windows will appear, click on Browse and select Desktop folder
- Type ‘WLMContacts’ in the file name field and click save
- Click Finish and wait for the process the complete
- Close Windows Live Mail
- Open MS Outlook
- Go to File menu > Open > Import
- Select Import from another program or file
- Select Comma Separated Value (.csv)
- Click Browse and select WLMContacts
- Click Next
- Click Finish
If you want a professional tool to export contacts from Windows Live Mail to Outlook, you can go for Windows Live Mail to Outlook Converter application. This will take a very short time to complete the process.