Q – I was using Windows operating system and Outlook PST file to save my business information and all the emails of my clients. Now, I decided to move to Mac machine. Now, I want to move my data from Outlook Windows to Mac. My Outlook PST consists of several emails from last 3 years. I don’t want to lose them at any cost. Can anyone suggest me a reliable solution so that I can safely import PST file to Mac OS?
No need to worry, I am suggesting you a manual technique that will surely help you to import PST file from Windows to Mac Mail. Get the steps of this conversion –
- First of all, transfer your PST file from Windows computer to Mac OS
- On Outlook for Mac file menu, choose Import option
- Select Outlook data file and press continue button
- Now locate the data file on your computer
- Click on the Finish button to complete the import process
Hi, if you are not able to understand the manual method or found it difficult. No worries, as I am suggesting you another option. You can simply convert Outlook PST file into MBOX format and then can simply import MBOX file into Mac Mail email client. This can simply help you out to transfer PST file to Mac mail.
I understand the method but don’t know how to convert PST to MBOX. Is there anyone who can explain the steps and entire working for me?
The third-party application has simple steps to convert PST to MBOX. First, you need to export Outlook PST file to MBOX and then import it into Mac Mail.
- Convert PST file to MBOX using PST to MBOX Converter
- Import MBOX file into Mac Mail
The software will definitely convert your PST files to MBOX format in few minutes with this tool. And after that move MBOX file to Mac Mail.
One other solution you may try i.e. PST to EMLX Converter that will simply convert your Outlook files into EMLX and later on you can transfer EMLX files into Mac Mail. I hope this solution will surely help you.
I have converted PST files to MBOX using the third-party PST to MBOX Migrator tool. But I am unable to import MBOX file in Mac Mail. Would you please clarify the process?
You can simply import MBOX file to Apple Mail or Mac Mail. Go through the steps –
- Copy MBOX file to Mac machine
- Open Apple Mail
- Go to File menu and select Import mailboxes
- Import the copied MBOX file and click Continue
- Your MBOX file is successfully uploaded in Apple Mail