Q – I was using Thunderbird email client and all my data was saving into MBOX format but due to some business requirements, I had to switch to MS Outlook. The main issue is accessing MBOX file to PST format. MBOX file doesn’t support MS Outlook so what is the way to access the old MBOX database in Outlook client. Kindly suggest me the solutions for the same?

Reyna Jairi

I understood your query and on the basis of my experience. I would like to suggest you go for various manual methods and automated methods. Both will help you to migrate MBOX files to PST format.

Kareem

Here, I am describing a manual solution for you that will help you to export MBOX database to Outlook 2016. You can use this indirect solution to export MBOX to PST.

• Export MBOX emails as EML files
  • Drag and drop EML files to Outlook
  • Export PST file from Outlook
Winston

Can u please elaborate the above discussed methods for me. I don’t know the process to follow.

Darwin Toby

Here are the steps for you that will help you to perform the export of MBOX files to Outlook PST.

• Open Thunderbird email client
  • Export MBOX file and save it as EML file format
  • Now drag and drop EML files into Outlook client
  • Finally, export PST from Outlook 2016
Kaya Odin

I have followed the above mentioned steps but is unable to get the accurate results. Can u suggest me an alternate solution?

Markus Ray

There is no direct method available that will help you to import MBOX files to PST. In that case, you can go for third-party solutions. There are numerous automated MBOX to PST Converter tools available in the market that will comfortably export your MBOX file to PST format in few simple steps.

Sidney Ben

There are various professional solutions available. Here, I am providing some of the renowned third-party solutions for you and they are Softaken MBOX to PST Converter, Datavare MBOX to PST Exporter, GainTools MBOX Converter, Softknoll MBOX Converter etc. You can simply pick any application from them and can perform a safe export of MBOX database to Outlook PST. You may check free versions of any of the applications to become familiar with the tool.