Q – I am using Outlook for a long time. Yesterday I got an error “The connection to the server was interrupted” when I was trying to send emails. Is there anyone who knows the issue and help me to resolve this?
This is the common error faced by Outlook users. This error occurs when there is an issue of internet connectivity. Due to which you are unable to send messages.
There could be several other reasons behind this error which are listed below –
- Firewall turn on issues
- Computer Network connectivity
- Send and Receive settings error in Outlook
- Corruption in Outlook file
Can you please suggest the ways to resolve the above-stated errors?
Sure, you can resolve these errors in a simple way by few commands.
- Firewall issue – Check for the Firewall and turn it off and then re-add the Incoming and Outgoing Server name.
- Network Connectivity – You need to check for the internet connection. For this, open a web browser and type any website URL and press enter key. If the website opens normally, you have the proper internet connection and you need to check for the other factors.
- Send/Receive Settings – For this, follow the given steps:
- Go to File > Options > Advanced options
- Under the Advanced tab, locate and click the Send/Receive button
- In the popup dialog box, click on Edit option
- Select ‘Get folder unread count for subscribed folders’ and select ‘Use the custom behavior defined below’
- Tick Mark Inbox folder only
- Click ok and then try to send emails again.
If the problem still persists with you, you can try running Outlook in safe mode.
I tried all the above methods but still, I won’t be able to resolve my issue. Can you please provide the solution for this?
If you are still unable to solve the issue, there must be corruption in your Outlook file and you need to repair the file. For this, you can try Scanpst.exe which is an inbuilt solution provided by Microsoft.
Hi, I tried Scanpst.exe but still the issue remains with me. Is there any other one-stop solution to recover the corrupt Outlook data file??
In this case, you can try an external repair tool i.e. Softaken Outlook Recovery Tool that surely helps you to recover all Outlook data with few couple of clicks. The software is capable to deal with all type of damage to your Outlook file. To know the functions of the tool, you can try the demo version of it.